February 16, 2013

Christopher Reeve SUPERMAN Spotted in BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, Part 2

Late last night I couldn't sleep and decided to watch "BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, Part 2" again. Now, this is only the 2nd time I have viewed it and the 1st time I pretty much watched it just to enjoy the story. ( It's a seriously GREAT film. If you have not seen it then please do, it's awesome! ) Anyways, last night I noticed a few details I had not seen before and here's a fun example:




OK, there's this huge fight scene towards the end where Batman and Superman are having a serious battle. There's a ton of property damage and during one part they crash through the wall of a building and sort of walk through the middle of some little kid's room. Then, they end up back outside and continue fighting. It's a very brief moment. But, while I was watching this scene I noticed the little kid had a "1977 Superman Movie / Christopher Reeve" Poster on his wall!! It's a very out of focus image, meant to be just brief background, and kinda hard to notice. I think they blurred the background to give the images depth.

But hey, here's photographic proof. WOW! That is a nice homage placed in there by some Art Director or Animator, very cool!

No comments: