April 28, 2010

Photos: GEORGE BARRIS & His Amazing Batman TV Show BATMOBILE Car!

OK, now how awesome is this?! Awhile back the Bat-Blog we reported that George Barris was going to be at a public event in Burbank, CA with his '66 TV Batmobile Car. It was to promote the new Chevrolet Camaro he designed. Which would have been so cool to see but the great thing is that we got some really nice pics from the event! Yes! A Loyal Bat-Blog Reader named Dave, who lives in New York & is a part of The Bat Squad ( a group of Cosplayers who are totally into Batman ), has a friend named "Burlyman" who lives in California. So, Dave asked his friend to get some photos while he was there, that's AWESOME! Now, the pics are really good & a few of them have been made into "1966 Batmobile Wallpaper Backgrounds" you can use to brighten your desktop ( the first 3 photos ). When I say "good" I mean he got some great shots from every angle! One of them even shows the interior, it's always cool to see the inside...it always makes me want to drive it, ha! Plus, there's some nice shots of the King of Kustom himself, George Barris. What a trill this must have been! I wanna thank both Dave & the "Burleyman" for sending these wonderful photos...you guys ROCK! Hey, wait a second, I just realized... there's NO pics of the Chevrolet Camaro! Ha Ha, I guess "Burleyman" was so excited about the Batmobile that he didn't care about the other car, that's funny! But I can't blame him, if you're a Batman Fan your brain sort of totally short-circuits when you get near this car. I know that personally I probably would have cried like a little girl.

No comments: