September 25, 2009

Video: Super Friends at the Water Park Show!

Back in 1979 some tourist shot this video so that, in the future, we could see it! This is the SUPER FRIENDS event at the Cypress Gardens Water Amusement Park. Performers dressed up as Batman, Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Mr. Freeze, The Joker, The Penguin, etc. all get totally crazy. Finding video, or even any information, about this event is really difficult. Plus, I don't think there is any audio in this video. That, or my speakers are broken, ha ha! But really I think the best part of the video is seeing the cool Bat-Boat! If you saw this event as a child then this video will bring back some great memories of a fun summer vacation!


CLICK HERE For More Batman Video!

5 comments:

Christopher Huff said...

Man! I remember seeing "this" show at Seaworld in Akron, Ohio! I got to shake the Joker's and Wonder Woman's hand.

Anonymous said...

I rememberback in the mid 70s there was a waterski show at SEA WORLD OF OHIO where is near where I live I saw it at least 2 or 3 years in a row then the park changed the waterski show

Steve said...

That's some great stuff !! I like the guy in the back holding up the *BIFF* *CRACK* signs during the fight sequence.

Anonymous said...

Wow that brings back memories! I even have a super 8 reel of the show somewhere. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Thanks for that! I also have some super 8 of this. I hope to get it transfered to DVD soon. I'l have to find the pictures I have as well... Good stuff!