July 23, 2009

Who's The Best BATMAN Voice in Animation? You Decide!

This morning I got an e-mail from a friend who sent a link to a pretty cool website. It's called BEHIND THE VOICE ACTORS & basically it's about everyone who works in the animation voice-over & cartoon character actor world. The site has one page where they allow you to compare all the voice actors who have ever voiced Batman in all the different animated series. There's a nice photo of the original actors, which I think is very interesting because you will recognize a lot of them as regular actors too, & an MP3 clip of their voices, to actually hear them. The actors include: Kevin Conroy, Will Friedle, Rino Romano, Diedrich Bader, Jeremy Sisto, Gary Owens, Michael Ironside, Adam West, Olan Soule, Ron Perlman, & Dave Gazzana. If you're a serious Batman Fan then it's worth checking out. Just click this word right HERE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT'S FUNNY CAUSE Diedrich Bader, PLAYED "Robin" in an episode of Drew Carey, years ago, just goofing around, and he's playing the voice of Batman now.

ozz said...

Interesting stuff. Gotta give the nod to Conroy, however.

Oddly enough, Conroy doesn't do the voice the same way in Gotham Knights as he did in Batman: The Animated Series. Although I may prefer the B:TAS style because I'm more used to it, I like how his voice sounds more 'natural' in GK, instead of 'now I'm talking in my badass voice to intimidate you' voice.

I like how Bader sounds, although I don't really like Brave & The Bold too much.

Sisto's voice really stands out, and seems odd to me. I haven't seen that animated movie, though, so that could be why.

Too bad the Superfriends people couldn't have gotten Gary Owens back in the day. He would've been better than Olan Soule, who just is not effective as the Batman!

Timothy said...

Believe it or not, I voted for Gary Owens, because I liked how he sounded in the clip. I also like Michael Ironside, as well as Adam (of course)!

ozz said...

I forgot to mention that I thought Romano did a good job as the Batman in The Batman.

Agent47Chris said...

Kevin Conroy "is Batman"