June 26, 2009

Batman 70th Anniversary Tribute at The Drawing Board!

I was recently e-mailed a link to a website that I found out was totally cool! It's a special Message Board for Artists, Illustrators, & other Creative people who all like to showcase their artwork plus share tips on art techniques. It's called the Drawing Board! One of the neat things they do there every now & then is they have a thing called a "Character Jam". They pick a character or person, then everybody participates by posting their version of the character, in their own special style. Well, recently they did a "Batman Jam". It was created to commemorate the 70th anniversary of his first appearance in Detective Comics # 27 ( May 1939 ). Now, once I got there I learned that there must be a lot of Batman Fans there because they all submitted a ton of great art. So to be fair, I picked a few at random because of space limitations I couldn't post them all! But, I wish I could have because they're all so really really great! Please enjoy the samples shown here & then if you would like to see more then just visit this LINK!

No comments: