January 18, 2009

BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM - 15th Anniversary!

In honor of the 15th Anniversary of the now-classic BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM Animated Movie (1993-2008) I made this Background Wallpaper to brighten your desktop! Of course it uses the graphics from the cool vintage movie poster. If you're a serious Batman Fan & you have never seen this film then you really owe it to yourself to do so, it's GREAT! The animation is totally top-notch & is actually one of the best animated Batman movies out there. It's really one of my favorite Batman stories. I remember when it originally came out because I was pretty excited! It came out around the time that the much celebrated TV cartoon series was about to end & it was a very nice ending. It's got some very cool CGI computer animation blended in with the traditional artwork. But it's so seamless that, in most areas, you can't even tell. Plus, it sort of raised the bar a little in animation quality. Hmmm, thinking about how this movie is having it's 15th Year Anniversary is starting to make me feel kinda old, ha ha! It's been out now on DVD for quite awhile & is worthy of renting. So, think about it the next time you can't find anything to rent at the video store. Actually, it's worthy of owning, ha ha, here's a link:
CLICK HERE For More Batman Desktop Wallpaper of The Dark Knight!

6 comments:

chunky B said...

I agree with you, one of my favorite Batman stories as well. This one actually made it to theaters, I remember seeing in on the big screen and the the sound track was amazing as well.

ozz said...

I went and saw this at the theater when it came out. There were a lot of open seats. There is something cool about thinking you've got an entire theater almost to yourself. It feels like it's an exclusive showing just for you!

Anonymous said...

to me this is the BEST batman movie ever made far better than any live action there has been.

Brad L. Wooldridge said...

Until "Batman Begins" and, of course, last year's "The Dark Knight," I considered "Mask of the Phantasm" to be the best Batman film ever.

I saw it on Christmas Day (or night, rather) of 1994 when my brother and I couldn't get in to see "Tombstone."

Now, these are two of my favorite movies of all time!

Anonymous said...

World's Finest has a 15th anni celebration for the movie:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/motpanniv/

Anonymous said...

I heard a rumor of them re-releasing this. Dunno if it's true, though. It would be FANTASTIC, I know that!