December 25, 2008

EARTHA KITT ( Catwoman 1966 Batman TV Show ) Passed Away Today at Age 81

I have some very sad news to report. Today, on December 25th, Eartha Kitt, the Award-winning film, theater, music, and TV star passed away at the age of 81 ( Born January 17th, 1927 ). Early reports say colon cancer was the cause of death. Of course all of us Batman Fans know & love her as "The Catwoman" on the 1966 Batman TV Series. As a tribute I would like to ask our readers to watch the following video. It's a RARE 1962 TV appearance where she sang one of her hit songs, "I Want To Be Evil". In it, you will see what a truely original & amazing voice she had. She continued to entertain people, all over the world, all the way up to her passing. She was a very special lady. Also, at the very top of this post ( the 1st large image ), you will find an "Eartha Kitt Tribute Wallpaper" that you can use on your desktop to remember her. She will be missed. Eartha Kitt 1927 - 2008, R.I.P.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

E.K. was amazing. She did voice overs, sang, acted, everything. She will be missed and truely is original.. Great tribute and the song is awsome

-J

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of seeing her twice at Joe's pub in NYC. At one of the events I sat stage side and she had me sing the "baby's" while she sang "I can't give you anything but love"

what a wonderful classy performer

Jersey Stu