July 27, 2008

Film Review - BATMAN : GOTHAM KNIGHT Animated Film DVD

OK, I was gonna write a film review for the recent release of BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT, the new animated movie by Warner Bros & DC Universe. But I decided that since somebody already wrote one better than I could I would just post a link to it, ha ha! That person is Stephanie, over at GEN ( The Girl's Entertainment Network ). Yes, women dig the Batman! She wrote a great review and it is very detailed with lots of accurate information. I like to do reviews every now & then ( I seriously loved this movie ) but I have been wayyy too busy lately. So, for a great review of this movie just click on the link button down below, thanks.
CLICK HERE To Visit The Official GIRLS ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK Website Blog!

1 comment:

ozz said...

I didn't like Gotham Knight as much as I thought I might, but I didn't dislike it. Of course, on the heels of the cinematic masterpiece that The Dark Knight was, anything else is going to be a bit of a letdown.

I could've done without the opening segment with the kids "describing" the Batman. As I'm sure many fans already know, that idea has already been done twice (once in a comic book story from the '70s and once in an episode of Batman: The Animated Series. No need to rehash it again.

In a way, having different artists contributing different looks was a little jarring. It almost took a way from the flow of the overall piece, in my opinion. There were artists who were better than others. I liked the Batman's look in the segment called "Field Test" and in the Deadshot segment.

It seemed to me that Deadshot was depicted as a foe that was as formidable as formidable can be, but then he was disposed of rather quickly, so I guess that theory went down the drain. It might have been more interesting to introduce him earlier, so that their showdown at the end would've had more meaning.

As the voice of the Batman, Kevin Conroy didn't seem to have his usual impact. That was a bit of a letdown too.

I should that I've only seen GK once, so maybe I'd be able to get into it a little more with a second viewing.