July 14, 2007

Video: RARE 1966 Batman TV Series Screen Test

Here's a really RARE video showing the screen test for the 1966 Batman TV Series. It shows Adam West & Burt Ward sort of playing Batman & Robin in a more serious tone. Later they decided to go with the wacky campy-style we all know & love. But this video makes me wonder what the show would have been like if they went the other way, it might have been even cooler! While watching the video be sure to check out the strange BAT-CHEST LOGO on Adam West's Batman costume, it's kind of neat to see.

5 comments:

Jeff H. said...

Interesting...I've never seen this (though I've heard of it). I dig West's early costume, in a way...it's clearly in a Dick Sprang/1950s style, with the sharp ears and old-style Bat logo.

He looks a lot like Lewis Wilson in the 1943 serial, actually.

Tommy! said...

I agree, it does look a lot like the Batman costume in the 1940's movie serial. I also like how they play it all "very serious", sort of realistic. If the show would have went that way it might have been better but who knows...I still LOVE that TV show!

Tommy! said...

Whoops, Hey Jeff, I forgot to mention that I checked out your blog....nice artwork, very nice!!

Jeff H. said...

Thanks for looking, and for the kind words!

ozz said...

Damn. This vid has been removed. I imagine that something like this would be a sweet DVD extra if...