July 17, 2007

BATWING TOYS: Bat-Plane from 1989 Batman Movie

I collected the Batman comic books along time ago & even bought a few toys but I blame the 1989 Batman Movie for turning me into a super-huge toy collector / Bat-Fan! That year was also the 50th anniversary of the character so it really sparked my interest in the vintage toys. It's hard to believe that this movie came out 18 years ago! I love it, it's a classic. One of the Batman vehicles featured in the movie ( & pretty cool too ) was the BATWING, Batman's Jet Plane that was in the shape of the Bat-Symbol logo. My only gripe about it was that all the Joker ( Jack Nicholson ) had to do to defeat it was shoot it one time with a small Joker-Pistol gun....lame. Ha Ha! Still, a great movie! Here's a few vintage toys of the BATWING they made during the 1989 Batman Movie. We hope these pictures bring back some fond memories.

1 comment:

ozz said...

Cool artwork on the packaging of that Villain Cruncher.