June 1, 2007

BAT-PLANES: Different Vintage Batman Airplanes

With the BAT-BLOG I always strive for variety & there seems to be so many different angles on the many aspects of the character that I can do that. One thing I do is collect pictures for awhile until I see a pattern. Here's an example: Tonight, out of the blue, I noticed I had a lot of pics of many different Vintage Batman BAT-PLANE TOYS. So, here's some examples of Bat-Plane Toys made thru the years. The 1st one is probably the rarest of them all & was made in 1966. It's a beautiful Bat-Plane that looks more like a military cargo plane than a plane he would actually have. The 2nd piece of Bat-Memorabilia is this 1970's Bat-Plane that is really cute. Yes it is, it's the cutest little plane ever, yes it is. This was contributed by a friend at the BAT-BLOG Message Board. I personally don't have this item in my collection & wish I did, it's cool. The 3rd bit of Bat-Nostalgia is a Bat-Plane from Canada, called the BAT-GLIDER. It's actually a Vintage "bootleg" Batman toy put out during the 60's to rip-off the TV Series, kind of funny! The last photo is the extremely hard-to-find Bat-Plane that was an accessory in the Batman Justice League of America Play Set made by Ideal ©1966.

No comments: