January 18, 2007

BATGIRL & CATWOMAN PLUSH DOLLS Custom Toys

Recently, while surfing the net, I came across this artist who calls herself "CATSEWING" & she makes her own Plush Dolls of her favorite Comic Book characters. Her real name is KIM, but she is also known as CATSEWING, & her work is quite good. I wrote her to ask a few questions & this is what she said, "They are meant to be a bit 'wacky' as you call them, or cartoonfied if there's such a word; eg: oversized head, small skinny body, arms and legs. They are all totally 100% handsewn, no machine is used and the eyes are all hand painted on canvas. It usually takes about 6 -8 weekends to make one plush. I use mostly a fabric call 'chamois', it is a suede like fabric, only a little rougher. My other favorite fabrics are short haired velvet and suede cloth. I don't really sell them as I make plushies as a hobby on weekends, although I've accepted a few commissions before (usually because the character is fun or challenging ), I'm mostly making characters I like that I either can't find in the plush market or in the style that I like, so I make my own.". WOW! Well, KIM, I think you're a great artist & I know the BAT-BLOG Readers are gonna love these, Thank You & keep up the good work! Readers, click the picture up above for a larger, more detailed, photo!

No comments: