January 22, 2007

1966 MARX RIDE-ON BATMOBILE Vintage 60's Batman Toy

Here are 2 awesome photos of the Super-RARE 1966 RIDE-ON BATMOBILE By MARX! In 20 years of hardcore collecting & hunting I have NOT found this baby yet! These are pretty RARE & when they show up on eBay I'm usually too broke to buy one, yeah i know, waaa waaa! In a previous BAT-BLOG article we posted the RARE 1966 TV Commercial Video for this great Vintage Toy!! You can watch it by looking thru the BAT-BLOG ARCHIVES ( located at the right-side ) or you can use the Google Search function at the very bottom of this BAT-BLOG, be sure to check the BOX for searching the BAT-BLOG & just type-in MARX! Also, be sure to check the BAT-BLOG often for more cool Vintage Batman Toys!

5 comments:

Lwalls said...

I have this car in my attic and was wondering what it's value might be. I will never sell it because it belonged to my brother that passed away in 1967 but was curious as to it value. Thanks Leanne

cliff29651 said...

LOL!Oh the great memories of this incredible toy. In the 60's, I was a huge batman fan. My grandfather asked what I wanted for Christmas and I answered a Batmobile! No one in our family even knew such a toy existed and on Christmas morning, he shows up with this gem. My older brother and I are now in our late 40's and this is the toy we still talk about. I can remember riding this spring loaded car in our house and my "big" brother using a rope, his bicycle and lot's of sweat to drag me and my Batmobile up and down our street.

This Batmobile came with a cape, lot's of neat accessories like a trunk, hand brake, walkie talkie hand held microphone and a "tuneable" radio. The steering wheel also "honked" when squeezed.

The spring motor would allow you to ride about 30-40 feet when wound up by backing up the car. The car had a lot of detail in the dash board, body work and decals. I wish I still had it because to this day, thanks to my parents, I took care of my toys and have many of them in working order to this day.

This was an extremely fun toy and brings back many happy memories. I will upload Christmas day pictures of this car soon. Thanks for letting me share this story with other enthusiasts

Anonymous said...

I found mine several years ago, and donated it to the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria. To my knowledge, they have not, as yet, put it on display. It was a thrill to find this item, which I loved as a kid. Incidentally, as to the poster that noted you could ride 30-40 feet on the springs, that's true, but you could go even further if you had an inclined driveway!!!

Gary

Cat Fart said...

I have one but my fins are red - there is NO yellow on mine at all. It needs to be restored, but it is the coolest toy ever. Mine came with cape and microphone (both long gone)and opening trunk.

Anonymous said...

I actually had one of these cars when I was three, think you for posting this picture.